Monday, August 1, 2011

DO YOU HAVE SPOKEN FOR QUESTIONS?



Dear CCR Family and Friends,

I’ve missed being away from CCR for the last two weeks, but I’ve been able to see life anew by returning to the old. Rwanda has a wonderful history. One of the more captivating of Rwanda’s stories is of the East African Revival beginning in a little out of the way mission point called, Gahini. The Revival changed the history of faith in Sub-Saharan Africa; if not the entire world.

One of the fruits of the Revival was a yearly retreat for missionaries on the Kumbya Peninsula of Lake Kivu which began in 1944. This Retreat has been an under told story of Rwanda that has fanned flames of revival and unity throughout the Great Lakes Region.

Last week I was again thankful to be a participant. When I reach the Resurrection I will thank the generations who went before me for their foresight to establish such a retreat.

During the last week I sensed it was time to be still and listen. My Bible kept coming to Psalms. A few passages captivated me. Eugene Peterson’s Message translation wrote, “Orphans won't be orphans forever (Psalm 10:14)”, and “Orphans get parents (Psalm 10:18.)”

David, the Shepherd King and Worship Leader wrote that God’s nature is like an adoptive parent. By the influence of God’s Holy Spirit he wrote, “God, who lives in his sacred Temple, cares for orphans and protects widows. (Psalm 68:5, Good News Translation).”

This week we’ll continue our discussion about the Spoken For Proposal at CCR. If you have not heard or read it, please check out my blog at http://jenkinsinrwanda.blogspot.com/2011/07/spoken-for-proposal.htm.





If you have a question, idea, or comment please send them to us. We would love to incorporate them into our thought process.

Imana ikurinde,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment