A few weeks ago we sat in church and used the Lord’s Prayer in worship. The old resonated to the deepest part of my being. I’ve found myself meditating on it each morning as I run,
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen
(Matthew 5:10-13, King James Version)
As our family starts missionary life anew in Chicago please join us in praying:
1. Adoration to our Holy Father (What else can we do? We are adopted children by a God completely beyond all we can conceptualize)
2. Seeking His heavenly kingdom to grow upon this earth. (Thankful to have been a vessel in Africa and now seeking His will in the USA)
3. Trusting for our daily sustenance. (Not sure how we’ll pay the bills this season, but aware of His daily abundance.)
4. Forgiving and being forgiven. (Old church planters know too well their personal failings. Yet we also have survived tremendous battles. This is a season to heal through forgiveness.)
5. Separation from sin. (Confusion, discouragement, and idolatry be gone.)
6. Awestruck forever at God.
Thank you for your prayers, support, and encouragement that sustain our family and ministry.
Mungu akubariki (God bless you),
P.S. We will be at Abilene Christian University’s Summit this coming week and hope to connect with some of you there.