Saturday, May 7, 2011

HONORING MOMS AT CHRIST'S CHURCH IN RWANDA







Dear CCR Family and Friends,

I am sorry that I have not sent you a message earlier this week in preparation for this coming Sunday. I believe this Sunday, 8 May will be one of the most delightful worship experiences in some time at CCR. I would hate for you to miss it.

The text we will be discussing is “Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you. (Exodus 20:12 - New Living Translation) ”

On Sunday, 3 April we discussed this text in a panel led by my friends – Collin Muhozi Kakiza, John Kayihura, Joshua Mburaga, Arthur Mugaga, Eddie Mwunvaneza, and Brett Shreck. I had never experienced anything at CCR like that Sunday. It was raining hard, and people kept coming to hear these men tell the stories of their fathers with honor. When it was all over I saw people embracing and celebrating God’s providence through generations.

A couple of you offered a criticism. Why were there no women on the panel?

We did not exclude women intentionally.
Instead, many of the women at CCR were gone on a Women’s Retreat. Thus this Sunday we want to go back and allow some delightful women to tell the stories of their mothers with honor. We will have another panel led by my wife, Jana. The panelists will be Onawa Linden, Jackie Kakiza, Anita Nkusi, Faith Shaw, Anita Umuhire, and Kellie Van Der Zag.

Besides this panel CCR will give a rose to each mum at CCR this Sunday.

I hope you will be able to join us,

Dave

P.S. We’ve done a little editing of Eugene Peterson’s, The Message Translation of Proverbs 31:10-31 to guide our thoughts. If you would like to see how we’ve read this text to shape our discussion check out my blog at http://jenkinsinrwanda.blogspot.com/2011/05/iii-proverbs-3110-31-message-with-ccr.html





No comments:

Post a Comment