Friday, April 1, 2011

PANEL DISCUSSION AT CHRIST'S CHURCH IN RWANDA


Dear CCR Family and Friends,


This Sunday we will reach the command, “Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you (Exodus 20:12 New Living Translation.)”


I am very eager for our discussion on this command. My observation is that there is a season of Rwandan history that is not well documented. This season is the time of our youth’s grandparents. They have much to be remembered and honored. One of my pastoral joys is listening to family’s stories of faith. This Sunday, I’ve asked several friends who I’ve heard repeatedly speak well of their parents to join us for a panel discussion. They are John Kayihura, Joshua Mbaraga, Colin Mohozi Kakiza, Eddie Mwunvaneza, Arthur Muguga, and Brett Shreck. I’m eager to listen to their stories. I will not preach, but just ask a few questions and listen.


I hope you’ll be able to join us.


Dave


P.S. A few have asked for sermon copies of last week’s sermon on AUDACOUS FORGIVENESS. You can read the sermon on my blog at http://jenkinsinrwanda.blogspot.com/2011/03/audacious-forgiveness-must-be.html. I truly believe the greatest African virtues are the paradox of audacity and forgiveness. Only Africa has been able to show the world how these virtues can be institutionalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment